Baby Back ribs are often known as pork loin back ribs, back ribs, and loin ribs are a cut from where the rib meets the spine after the loin is removed. The upper ribs are known as baby back ribs, but not because they come from a baby pig. They’re only called baby back ribs because they are relatively shorter than bigger spareribs. Let’s learn sous vide baby back ribs recipe.
A baby back rack typically contains 10 to 13 curved ribs measuring 3 to 6 inches long and weighing about 1 to 2 pounds. Baby back ribs are very lean and tender, but they are in higher demand than St. Louis-style spareribs, so they are more expensive.
If we talk about the sous vide baby back ribs procedure then sous vide cooking is all about time and maintaining the temperature. In sous vide cooking, raw food along with other ingredients is packed in sous vide bags by using sous vacuum sealer machines. Sous Vide Baby Back Ribs are a perfect way to get tender baby back ribs.
Though having baby back ribs at home like the ones you had while dining in a famous restaurant is not truly possible via traditional cooking but with the sous vide precision power cookers sous vide baby back ribs will surely take you to a new flavorsome level of great taste.
Sous vide baby back ribs with Balsamic Honey BBQ Sauce is such a delicious method of cooking that it will soon replace your traditional method of cooking baby back ribs. In this article, we have presented the well-researched, tried, and successfully tasted sous vide baby back ribs with Balsamic Honey BBQ Sauce. We have done intensive research so that you might not lose your valuable time in search of looking for the perfect recipes.
With great precision and accuracy of time and temperature, sous vide baby back ribs is tasty, incredibly easy, and full of a fun way of having scrumptious food. Following is the best sous vide baby back ribs recipe so that you can have a lovely and great get-together with your friends and family members, Here is the best great finger-licking sous vide baby back recipe.
Sous Vide Baby Back Ribs Recipe
Following is the most amazing and finger-licking sous vide baby back ribs recipe:
Ingredients for 4:
Use the following ingredients for the Sous Vide Baby Back Ribs :
- 2 Baby back ribs and a dry rub.
For the dry rub, Use the following ingredients:
- Two racks Baby Back Ribs, about 2 pounds each
- Three Tablespoons paprika
- Three Tablespoons light brown sugar
- Two Tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 Teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3/4 Teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups Balsamic Honey Barbecue Sauce, or barbecue sauce of your choice
Use the following ingredients for the Balsamic Honey Barbecue Sauce:
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup (7 ounces) Chili Sauce
- 1/2 cup (6 ounces) Honey
- 1/3 cup (2.5 ounces) Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground Black pepper
Obviously, you can use a store-bought barbecue sauce instead of making your own. However, the little extra effort of making your own barbecue sauce is totally worth it.
- Vacuum Sealer bags
- Vacuum sealer machine
- Sous vide cooking machine (Sous vide precision Cooker Pro)
Before going in-depth about this interesting sous vide baby back ribs recipe, let’s review one Sous vide machine which is going to help us in this sous vide baby back ribs recipe.
Sous Vide Precision Cooker Pro
Sous vide precision cooker pro with special wifi feature is perfect sous vide cooker machine. With its perfect results, there is no need to worry about overcooking or undercooking your food. It circulates water at the perfect temperature which is required for the recipe. With its app, you can even access thousands of sous vide food recipes.
Well, the age of tasting and cooking your food via smartphone is alive now. With powerful wifi technology, you can control your recipe and Sous vide precision cooker pro with your smartphone.
Sous vide precision cooker pro is constructed with stainless steel. It can heat up to 100 Litre of water in a single time and can work for 10,000 nonstop hours. It is powerful and durable enough to withstand any tough task of your home and restaurant kitchen.
Let’s get back to our sous vide baby back ribs recipe now.
Directions for Preparing Baby Back Ribs:
Use the following directions for preparing baby back ribs:
- Start by adding water to the Sous Vide container and setting the immersion circulator to 165° F.
- After that, rinse the ribs and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Then, cut each of the ribs into three pieces. Each piece had 4 to 5 ribs.
- Next, remove the membrane on the underside of the ribs.
- To remove the membrane, use a small knife to loosen one corner.
- Using a piece of paper towel, grasp the loosened corner and carefully pull the membrane away from the ribs.
- Sometimes it’s quite easy to remove the membrane in one piece. Other times, it takes a bit of effort to remove the membrane.
- After that remove the membrane from the ribs.
- Make the dry rub by combining the paprika, brown sugar, salt, garlic powder, dry mustard, onion powder, dried oregano, dried thyme, and freshly ground black pepper in a small bowl.
- Then, sprinkle the dry rub onto the top and bottom of the rib pieces. Use your hands to rub the dry rub onto the meat.
Directions for Vacuum Sealing And Cooking The Sous Vide Baby Back Ribs:
- Before vacuum sealing the ribs, fold the top of the vacuum seal bags down about two inches.
- The reason to do this was to ensure that none of the dry rubs got on the inside of the bag where the seal would be made.
- Then place one of the prepared ribs into the bag and vacuum seal it. Repeat this with the remaining ribs.
- If you don’t have a vacuum sealer, use a gallon-sized freezer Ziploc bag.
- Put the ribs in the Ziploc bag, then submerge the bag in water to force the air out before sealing.
- After all of the ribs are vacuum sealed, place them into the Sous Vide container with the water heated to 165° F.
- Cover the container with the silicon lid to minimize water evaporation, and walk away.
- After 12 hours, the ribs will be cooked to perfection.
TIP: Cook the ribs via Sous Vide the day before their final grilling. After twelve hours, remove the ribs from the water bath. Dry the outside of the vacuum-sealed bags. With the ribs still in their vacuum-sealed bags, put them in the refrigerator until you are ready for the grilling.
Directions for Making The Balsamic Honey Barbecue Sauce:
To make the Balsamic Honey Barbecue Sauce use the following directions:
- Whisk together the Balsamic Vinegar, Honey, Brown Sugar, Worcestershire Sauce, Dijon Mustard, Garlic, Salt, and Pepper in a small pan set over medium heat.
- Once the sauce came to a boil, let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, the sauce becomes thick a bit and will be reduced by about 1/3.
- Then, let the sauce cool for a bit and transfer it to a jar.
Directions for Finishing The Sous Vide Baby Back Ribs With Balsamic Honey Barbecue Sauce:
- About an hour before grilling the Baby Back Ribs, remove them from the refrigerator so that they could come to room temperature.
- Cut open the vacuum-sealed bags
- Remove the Ribs
- Rinsed them well
- Pat them dry.
- Once the ribs are out of the vacuum-sealed bags, there’s a fair amount of “gunk” on them from the combination of the dry rub and the fat released in the cooking process. Rinse them to get rid of this “gunk”.
- Additionally, the ribs need to be dry so they can quickly crisp up when placed on the grill.
- Prepare the coals.
- After the coals are ready, place the ribs on the grill and basted them on both sides several times with the Balsamic Honey Barbecue Sauce. The purpose of the grilling is to heat the ribs and make them crispy.
- Delicious Sous vide baby back ribs are ready to be served.
Tips to Remember:
Following tips should be kept in mind for effective and better sous vide cooking.
- You must always cover the water container with a quality lid. At constant temperature, water keeps evaporating from the container, which can be harmful to electronic appliances placed near the sous vide cooking machine. This is also necessary if you intend to cook sous vide for a longer period.
- Whenever cooking sous vide, use dried herbs. Fresh herbs often overpower the original flavor of the food.
- Due to air pockets, a vacuum bag may sometimes appear on the surface of the water. Make sure that the sous vide vacuum bag is always dipped in the water.
- Seal the vacuum bag carefully.
- Always cook between recommended timings and temperatures.
- Never go for the shortest or most extreme duration periods.
- Use vacuum sealers which include the moisture controller. If your vacuum sealer system does not include the moisture controller, then place the vacuum bag in the freezer for 5-10 minutes before sealing it.
- When sous vide cooking, always follow the appropriate temperature guidelines.
- If you are just starting sous vide cooking, always start with simple methods. Go for vegetables first and then go for meat.
- Get information and guidance from trustworthy sources and experienced individuals.
- You should never use excessive amounts of oily ingredients in a vacuum bag. Always use a small amount of oily ingredients.
- Sous vide bags can be reused after cooking. However, it is not recommended to use those bags for sous vide cooking.
Sous vide cooking is becoming a trendy way of cooking food nowadays. if you want to try sous vide cooking for the first time or even if you are an expert, this Sous-vide baby back ribs recipe is the best and easiest recipe for you all to try and enjoy a scrumptious meal. Just try to keep the tips in mind while doing sous vide cooking. We assure you that you will surely love this. Sous vide baby back ribs recipe is the best recipe to enjoy delicious and flavorful baby back ribs. You can even try different ingredients with it.