If you want to stitch garments, clothes, T-shirts and DIY pants like a pro, you definitely need the best cover stitch machines for the job. You might have seen two or three rows of fine stitches on the hems of your skirts and t-shirts, they are done with the machine. If you have the skills of cloth designing, you can cut and stitch clothes yourself. All you’d need a great cover stitch machine.
Tailoring is not as easy as it seems. It is a technical job and for a proper business, you need to be very cautious about the stitching machine that you are using. Fashion keeps on changing every day and hence an updated machine is necessary for proper stitching.
A cover stitch machine is a type of sewing machine that contains a lopper but it does not contain a blade. It is only used for knitting hems and chain stitching. One of the most important things is that it can use two to three threads at a time. Therefore, these machines are used to carry out professional tasks as well as for household stitching. Some of the best Cover stitch machines are described as under.
SINGER Professional 5 14T968DC Cover stitch
It is a self-adjusting machine with the ability to make up to 1300 stitches per minute. So, if you wish to stitch the hem of a skirt or shirt, you should trust the machine. For having powerful self-adjusting tension, it can simply work the best. Moreover, it has a dial allowing you to select the chart. You need not put much effort as the stitches adjust themselves. It happens automatically when you use the Singer Cover stitch sewing machine.
This cover stitch sewing machine has 2,3,4,5 colors thread capability which provides a wide selection of stitching options for professional projects. You can stitch the hem, frocks, pants, and skirts all by yourself. Make as many rows as need to stitch the garments to perfection
This cover stitch machine is equipped with a self-adjusting tension system therefore, the tension settings for each stitch are adjusted automatically. It means that you won’t have to put any undue pressure on the stitches to come along. That’s what you had to do in the old-style machines. Truth be told it was quite frustrating and tiresome.
The maximum sewing speed of this cover stitch machine is 1300 stitches per minute. This is a very high speed and helps in doing heavy projects in less time. You can stitch more clothes and garments in less time. And that’s too using less power as well. Who does not want to save electricity bills?
It provides a wide range of sewing options including hems, seams, decorative edges, rolled hems, cover hems, etc. Make flower arrangements and stitch almost anything that you love. Here is a simple guide on how to hem on a coverstitch machine.
- It is a user-friendly machine.
- This cover stitch sewing machine is quiet and does not make noise.
- Adjustable stitch length according to your need.
- Automatic tension controller.
- The machine has a threading difficulty. It has to be threaded manually which is time-consuming and tricky.
Janome Cover Pro 1000CPX Coverstitch machine
This coverstitch machine is great for making decorative items for home. For garment and cover making this machine is a must have. You will love this design as it is an industrial style machine, offering the best with 1000 cpx.
It is an advanced machine and it offers 2,3,4 threads capability.
The sewing speed of Janome is 1000 stitches per minute. It takes time to complete a project.
Extra-large bed Space
It provides the largest sewing space to stitch sleeves as well as waist belts. Extra space provides fast and easy needling.
One Hand Thread Cutter
It provides the customers with the advantage of clipping the thread tails in one easy motion. It saves money and time as well.
Seam Tightening System
The coverstitch machine employs a spring instead of looper thread tension dials to reduce slack in looper thread.
- It provides superior stitching quality.
- It can be used for stitching heavy fabrics.
- Extra bed space to carry out any project.
- It is portable and you can take it anywhere with you.
- This machine has its specific needles and only those needles can be used.
- It sometimes skips stitches.
Janome Cover Pro 900CPX CoverStitch Machine
This cover stitch machine offers an extreme seam tightening system for better tailoring. Stitch anything that you like with the power of 1000 stitches per minute. More work in less time.
This coverstitch machine offers 1,2,3 thread capability.
The sewing speed of this cover stitch sewing machine is 1000 stitches per minute.
Seam tightening System
This machine offers a seam tightening system.
Large bed space
It provides extra space for large stitching projects.
Adjustable presser foot
The cover stitch machine has an adjustable presser foot which ensures proper stitching of heavy fabrics.
- Perfect for heavy stitching projects.
- It comes with a 25 years warranty which means that multiple generations can use this simple and easy machine.
- The seam tightening system makes the stitching easy as well as enjoyable.
- This machine is a bit slow as compared to the other machines. You need proper time while working with this machine.
Brother 2340CV Coverstitch Serger machines
What a delicate surgery this cover stitch machine is? You will never find any better alternative to this machine made with a nice metal frame. Moreover, the internal parts are durable and sturdy enough to last ages. With the ability to procure 2300 stitches a minute, this cover stitch machine is just beyond expectations.
The machine offers 2,3,4 stitching capability. It has two needles 2,3,4 cover stitch functions that are perfect for working with stretchable fabrics and for the necklines.
The coverstitch sewing machine has a sewing speed of 1100 stitches per minute. It allows you to compete for the task in less time.
Easy to thread
It has a fast thread looping system. It has color-coded guides on the machine and a lay-in threading system makes the stitching comfortable.
It also has a standard foot plus blind stitch as well as a gathering foot with 2340CV.
It has an adjustable handle which allows you to change the pace of material moving in the machine during stitching.
- Can make decorative stitches with the help of this cover stitch sewing machine.
- It comes with a warranty of 25 years.
- It never wobbles while hemming.
- It is user friendly and you don’t need special training while working with this machine.
- The instructions available on the manuals are not understandable.
- The pressure release system of this machine is not spontaneous.
Bernette b42 Cover stitch machine
You can easily stitch cuffs, hems and covers using this cover stitch machine. The best feature is that it offers three different styles of cover stitches, measuring 2.8mm to 5.8mm. Furthermore, chain stitching is also possible with the machine.
The machine offers a total range of 3 different cover stitches with a width of 2.8 and 6.5mm chain stitches. It is very easy to use and work with.
It can help you in making hems, edges, and cuffs with a professional stitch giving you perfect stitching as well as a perfect look.
The cover stitch machine has a working speed of 1300 stitches per minute.
This sewing machine has a clear LED light which enables people to look properly at the stitches. You can also do your work at night with the help of this LED light.
You will love the multifunctional feature. As this machine can be used to sew T-shirts, beautiful dresses, flat as well as round hemming stitches, and elastic stitches too.
Separate needle threader
It has a separate needle threader which makes the threading of needles easy and effective.
- It has a large working station which enables the people to carry out large projects with ease.
- The presence of LED is another advantage that allows the people to have a proper as well as a clear view of the fabric and the stitches at the time of stitching.
- It is very easy to thread the needles as well as the loopers.
- One of the most important things that are missing in this machine is the free arm. The people complain about the rest of the arm as it is very important to create comfort while stitching.
Whether you need a coverstitch machine for garment making or stitching hems, you need to get the one that can do what you want. All of the above machines are worthy considering as they have garnered great customer reviews. So many people have tried these machines and written how they perform. Therefore, making a decision is easy now. Just get the one that has a positive rating instead of the one that you are not sure about.
It’s not possible to buy new scissors every now and then when they get blunt. So, what you can do is use the best scissor sharpeners to get them into work again.