Cooking is the most fundamental thing that takes place in every household but there are uncountable ways to do that. In different cultures, people use different techniques and machines to cook their food in different ways. Today the equipment that we are going to talk about can be called a technological advancement in the field of cooking for those who like balance and perfectly cooked food. For that, you can use a Sous vide container that will evenly cook your food without any fluctuations in the temperature. If you already have a Sous Vide instant pot, we have some great Sous Vide recipes for you to try.
First, let us have an overview of how the Sous Vide instant pot works. It is actually a metal coil that gets heated and it is used to warm the water to the exact temperature you want or to be. You will add your meat or veggies into a Sous Vide vacuum-sealed bag and add that into the water.
Sous Vide instant pot will cook it until it reaches the temperature of the water and this way you will have a perfectly cooked piece of protein in there. We can also call it a slow cooker but it surely will make your chicken, turkey, steak, briskets, or fish cooked to the perfect point. Your meat will never be overcooked with this so you don’t lose all the proteins.
Sous Vide is a French term that means under vacuum and we think this pretty much explains the Sous Vide machine itself. Let’s get to the fun part, that is the sous vide recipes. This sous vide cookbook can help a lot if you already have sous vide instant pot.
Sous Vide Smoked Brisket
We can totally call Brisket the king of barbecue and what better way to use Sous vide container with some smoke. The long cooking process in the sous vide instant pot will give the meat a soft and tender texture and the smoke will top it off with the perfect aroma.
- 1 brisket (5-8 pounds)
- 4 tbsp Gochujang
- 4 tbsp White Misto Paste
- Start by setting the 155 degrees F temperature of your Sous vide container.
- Now heat the smoker to 200 degrees F and leave your brisket in there for 5-6 hours until it reaches 143 F temperature.
- Cut your smoked brisket into large pieces and add them into a vacuum-sealed bag.
- Add the bag into the sous vide instant pot with the help of a Sous Vide rack.
- Keep the meat in there for 36 hours for proper cooking.
- Now heat your smoker to 350 degrees F.
- To chill the brisket, put it in ice water for 30 minutes after taking it out of the warm water bath and the vacuum bag.
- Smoke the brisket for 1-2 hours until it gets a nice cover and its temperature reaches 155 degrees F.
- Slice the brisket against the grain and it’s ready to serve.
Best Sous Vide on Amazon: Anova Sous Vide Cooker
In case you want a sous vide to get the perfect cook on your turkey or brisket, we have the best choice for you on Amazon that is the Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker. It allows you to monitor the cooking prcoess from your phone and mak the overall process easier.
Sous Vide Turkey Roulade with Chimichurri Sauce
Turkey is a great way to get protein and here is the sous vide recipe cookbook to slowly cook it to perfection and make pinwheels with all the herbs, spices, and seasoning. To top it off, you can serve it with chimichurri.
- 2 turkey breasts with skin
- 1 shallot
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch parsley
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Start by setting your Sous vide container to 150 degrees F.
- Add cilantro, parsley, jalapeno, shallot, and garlic into the food processor after making small pieces. Pulse it all until it makes a combined paste. Now add salt, canola, and olive oil and pulse until it makes a thick chimichurri sauce.
- Put some plastic wrap on your counter and lay your turkey breasts facing down. Add more plastic wrap layers on top and pound the meat with a mallet until the thickness is even.
- After it gets a thickness of ¼ inches, take the top plastic sheet off and join both of the breasts so they are overlapping a little.
- Now add your chimichurri paste on top and spread it out evenly on top of the turkey breasts.
- Use the lower plastic sheet as a blanket and wrap the turkey into a roll. Make sure not to roll the plastic inside the roll. It should only cover the meat from the outside. Now secure the ends of the wrap by twisting them.
- Put your turkey roll into a vacuum-sealed zipper bag and put it in the fridge for half an hour.
- Add your turkey bag into the large Sous Vide container after the desired water temperature is obtained. Make sure the turkey is soaked into the water so that it cooks well.
- Leave the turkey breast roll in the Sous vide container for cooking for 3 hours.
- Take the turkey out of the cooker and the vacuum bag. Remove the plastic wrap and cut the roll into slices.
- Serve the Roulade with the remaining chimichurri sauce.