A sous vide beef brisket recipe is going to be your perfect partner for a barbecue party because that’s what all of the guests would be here for. Sometimes things can go up and down and one recipe is not enough so here we have explained two of the best sous vide recipes for beef brisket so that nothing goes wrong and you can select the one that suits you better and matches your preferences.
When it comes to barbecue a good beef brisket is considered as the holy grail because it has all the wild tastes that one needs in their meat. The only problem that we faced is finding the best brisket around the town is not an easy task. Most of the times we find bland and dry brisket that doesn’t match your expectations and is a total disappointment. For the best recipe, you will have to get the best sous vide machine as well.
In case you have faced such a tragedy you need not to depend on others because now you can make your own in your house. You will be getting some truly transcendent and juicy meat that is tender and moist so you enjoy the best of it.
Why Use Sous Vide?
Cooking barbecue is a really attention seeking process and you need to give all of your time to eat and make sure that everything is going fine. Although values in a sous vide machine you will find that all that additional work that goes into making a beef brisket will be reduced to just waiting for it because the machine will be doing all of the work for you. After cooking the meat in your southside machine you will need to smoke it on a real grill so that you get the real test. This will allow you to get moist and tender meat with the perfect amount of smoke because you will be using the best bark.
Which Sous Vide Machine to Get?
For this recipe the main special equipment that you will be needing is the sous vide precision cooker because it is going to decide if your brisket tastes the best or not. We have reviewed a lot of sous vide machines including Breville Joule sous vide precision cooker and Kitchen Gizmo sous vide machine. There are a lot of options that you can go for but in case you want to look into the details of the best sous vide machine, you must go for the Chefman sous vide.
Sous Vide Beef Brisket Recipe
Out of all sous vide recipes, we really love the ones that involve meat like beef because giving it time to get completely cooked really gives a very tender and savoury flavour to it. Here are all the details on our first recipe that you need to know and try it at home for the most juicy and tender piece of meat that is available at your home.
You will be needing the following ingredients before you start making your sous vide beef brisket.
- 2 ounces kosher salt ounces ground black pepper
- ¼ ounce pink salt
- Dill pickles
- Yellow onion
- 5 pounds of point-cut or Flat-cut beef brisket
- ¼ teaspoon Liquid smoke
Before you start your recipe you need to make sure that all of the above simple ingredients are available at your home. What we love the most about this recipe is that you don’t need to go to the grocery store for extra ingredients because it only needs some salt and pepper and other basic spices.
Directions for Sous Vide Beef Brisket Recipe
Here are the directions that you need to follow in order to cook the perfectly tender piece of brisket meat and smoke it in your backyard.
- For the first step you will have to combine all the spices including your salt, pink salt and pepper in a little bowl to make the spice rub. Reserve one third of this spice mixture for later stages and for the else onto your brisket and rub it in with your hands. Make sure that the spice rub reaches all the parts of the brisket and if it is not fitting in the bowl you can cut it from the middle and cover it with your spices.
- Your next step will be to add both of the halves of the brisket into your vacuum bag or the sous vide bags. Create a vacuum inside the bag and Zip lock it in order to keep it airtight using your favorite vacuum sealer.
If you fold the edges of the vacuum bag it will be better because now the spice rub and sources will not move there and ruin the seal.
- Now you will have to add half a teaspoon of liquid smoke into each bag and let it rest in the refrigerator to get seasoned and marinated. It will take about 2 to 3 hours but you can do as much time as you can but the longer the better.
- Now you will have to make sure that your procedure so white cooker is set at 135°F so that you can get your brisket in a really tender form and it will just feel like a steak. In case you are looking for something more traditional you can bring the temperature up to 155°F and that will give a real texture to the brisket and the meat will just fall apart after you take it out. You will have to consult the sous vide brisket temperature chart.
- Now you can add your brisket into the sous vide container and make sure you cover the water but with a lid or aluminium foil because that way all the taste will stay inside and the goodness will not leave your brisket.
- Leave the brisket in the cooker for 24 to 36 hours if you are going for 155 degree Fahrenheit. Else if your temperature is at 135°F you can keep it in the cooker for 36 to 72 hours.
- After this time is passed you will have to let your mate cool down to room temperature before you get to the next step. For this purpose you can also go for an ice bath because it will fasten the process. You can keep this brisket in your refrigerator for around a week before consuming it and it would stay just the same before you finish the recipe.
6. Leave the brisket in the cooker for 24 to 36 hours if you are going for 155 degree Fahrenheit. Else if your temperature is at 135°F you can keep it in the cooker for 36 to 72 hours.
7. After this time is passed you will have to let your mate cool down to room temperature before you get to the next step. For this purpose you can also go for an ice bath because it will fasten the process. You can keep this brisket in your refrigerator for around a week before consuming it and it would stay just the same before you finish the recipe.
8. Now for the grilling part you will have to get your chimney full of charcoal. You can use your pizza oven or any other grill for your backyard. After you think all the charcoal is completely late you can move them aside and cover the grill with the cooking grate. Allow 5 minutes of preheating of the oven and let it get all smokey. There you will have to place your brisket and get it all smokey and yummy. In case you are looking for an alternative for charcoal, you can bring your gas burner up to a medium flame and cover the grill for 10 minutes to get pre heated.
9. For this part you will have to remove the brisket from your Ziploc bags and carefully blot them with a paper towel so that any kind of moisture is removed from both of them but do not mess with the seasonings. You can also use your favourite barbecue sauce for some extra kick of flavours. Rub any of the seasoning that fella from the biscuit and make sure it is well seasoned. You will have to start by placing a biscuit on the good side of your drill and make sure that the side of fat should be facing upwards.
10. Now you can add some chunks of hardwood to the other side of the grill so that they start smoking. In case you are using gas as an alternative to charcoal make sure that your hardwood pieces are wrapped up in an aluminium foil. Now cover the grill and let the brisket smoke at 275 to 300°F. You can add a few more wooden chunks into the drill for battery smoke and continue this process for about three hours.
11. For the last step you will have to transfer your brisket into a cutting board and rest it to get to the room temperature for around 30 minutes. Now you can slice it finely against the grain and serve it along with onions, pickles, and bread.
For Leftover Brisket
All the brisket that will be left can be used in many different dishes including tacos. You can cut it into pieces and add to your taco as a mate and it will also be a great addition to your burritos and enchiladas. This meeting will also be a great topic for your salad and pizza and give a really savoury flavour to it and also the additional proteins. You can cook some scrambled eggs and add it on top for a better breakfast. They will also be a great addition to your chilli and soup or just top it off on your baked potatoes.